The Oenologist Consultant researches and trials winemaking techniques, processes, related equipment and technology. Maintains accurate and detailed records/documentation of procedural and technical advancements.
- Executes trials through the different stages of winemaking, including fermentation, aging and other scientific aspects of oenology. Develops prototype wines or blends to replicate finished products for commercial feasibility.
- Exploit scientific principles associated with winemaking, including desirable characteristics associated with flavor, taste, smell, mouth feel, etc. (tannins, yeasts, nutrients, enzymes, etc.)
- Research, review, conduct wine analysis to lead decision-making for new winemaking techniques & validation for production (eg: chemical analysis and composition, winemaking analytics)
- Design & implement sensory panels, tasting, and analysis etc. including Competitive assessments. Collect, analyze and report on data gathered to develop recommendations for implementing new methodology, techniques and/or products.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
- Bachelor's Science degree (B.Sc.) Oenology or Food science or Microbiology
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a Winery environment
- Knowledge & understanding of Analytical chemistry, testing methods common to Wine.
- Understanding of Sensoryanalysis & evaluations for the purposes of assessing wine products.
- Strong organizational & problem solving skills and proficiency to manipulate data & records to support Research
HOURS AND FLEXABILITY:
- Project based Position
- Flexibility on Location (Southern Ontario Preferred)
Reference ID: WT-OENOLOGIST2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Off-site lab work is preferred and telecomuting is acceptable for most interactions at this time.