CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTOR
HAMILTON COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Applications are now being accepted for Child Development Instructor position with Hamilton Community Association.
This fun and fulfilling position is integral in shaping and developing children and youth in our community.
Child Development Instructors are positive role models and helpful leaders in the community.
Our Community Centre is proud knowing that families in our programs and trust and rely on our Instructors and Supervisors to care for their children in kind, safe, and inclusive ways.
This position reports to the Child Development Supervisor, participating in supervising, interacting, and building relationships with registered Out of School Care children and families, as well as assist and lead the programs on a day to day basis.
· Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate children’s programs that address the needs of the child: socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally.
· Develop meaningful and safe connections with registered children and families.
· Ensure program is safe, creative, flexible, inclusive and adaptable.
· Prepare and assist children with meal times (breakfast, afternoon snack).
· Facilitate and assist in safety procedures and protocols.
· Act as a liaison between program and schools.
· Greet and inform families and ensure proper pick up procedure.
· Maintain and follow licensing, safety, emergency protocols and procedures.
· May need to be participate in meetings with families as well as association sponsored events.
· Work in a teamwork group setting
· Communicate with other program instructors.
· Attend regular staff meetings and training sessions.
· Report unsafe incidents and document safety forms to Supervisor
· Clean and maintain room and all equipment by Vancouver Coastal Health and licensing regulation guidelines
· Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities.
· Record relevant information pertaining to children and families in Program Communication Book
· Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to program.
· Completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, or Responsible Adult Course
· Relevant work experience
· High Five training certification
· 19+ years of age
· Immunization Record
· Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C (or higher)
· Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal record search
· Valid Certified Food Safe
· Supervisory experience
· Experience working with children that require extra support
· Second language
· Experience with cultural diversity
· Coaching and leadership experience
HOURS OF WORK AND REMUNERATION
· Scheduled Part-time and Monday-Friday shifts: 7:00-9:00 am and/ or 2:00-6:00 pm. Staff working more than 20 hours/week can receive health plan benefits and sick leave pay.
· Additional hours available during Pro-D-Days, Seasonal Break days (8 hour shifts)
· Additional hours for monthly staff meetings, training, and professional development
· $16.48-$17.48/ hr depending on level of experience
* Shifts scheduled for September-June School Year programs (Out of School Care, Pro-D Day Care, Seasonal Daycamp care
* Seasonal shifts scheduled for Summer Daycamp, Winter Break Daycamp, Spring Break Daycamp
* Schedules are created seasonally every 3 months and are flexible and not fixed for whole 10 month School Year)
* Staff entitled to Free Hamilton Community Centre Fitness Centre pass
Part-time hours: 10-30 per week
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Working in recreation and child care helps build and develop fundamental life skills.
- Helps build and strengthen values, life lessons and skill sets to be a responsible and well-rounded person.
- Working in Child Care will help you successfully mold: communication skills, public speaking, leadership skills, mentor ship, confidence, accountability, conflict resolution, self-development, inter and intra-personal skills, thinking on your feet, becoming adaptable, resourceful, community service, customer service.
- Job and career opportunities in working with community centres and City of Richmond.
- Stepping stone into many successful and fulfilling careers in: Education, Program and People management, Program Development, Supervisory, Human Resources, Child related professions
- We believe in investing in our staff and in TEAM.
- We work together to help all staff and families feel included, safe, heard, and cared for.
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community and in the lives of your team and registered families.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $16.48-$17.48 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Gym
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Our Licensed programs abide by the regulated and updated Vancouver Coastal Health and City of Richmond Safety Guidelines.
Staff will receive COVID-19 Safety Training.
- working child care : 1 year (Required)