JOB POSTING #890616
Coordinator, Outreach & Education
Toronto General Hospital
37.5 hours per week
N4 - $52,806 - $66,027 (based on competencies and experience)
The COORDINATOR, Education & Outreach coordinates and executes the Eating Disorders: Promotion, Prevention & Early Intervention (ED:PPEI) community outreach activities to coordinate professional development in order to raise awareness for ED:PPEI and food/weight preoccupation related issues through the engagement of key stakeholders. The primary responsibilities include: planning, developing and implementing an engagement strategy to reach educators and youth service organizations; developing relevant materials for outreach; coordinating the hosting and delivery of workshops; coordinating and working closely with clinical workshop facilitators; assisting with the administering of outreach activities; performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Plans, develops and implements an engagement strategy to reach educators and youth service organizations.
- Builds relationships with diverse partners; listens to the needs and perspectives of others to create effective programming.
- Researches and reviews current partnerships and future partnerships to create targeted list of stakeholders.
- Creates outreach plan to reach stakeholders.
- Develops the structure, content and objectives of outreach.
- Coordinates and implements communication efforts related to public education and professional development
- Develops and maintains active relationships with a large network of community organizations and educators.
- Develops relevant materials for outreach.
- Reviews and evaluates current presentations for suitability; makes and implements recommendations for improvement.
- Creates and maintains materials and other resources for program delivery including presentations, fact sheets, and email newsletters.
- Coordinates the delivery of workshops
- Provides assistance with the planning and hosting of ongoing professional development, training services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public sector.
- Provides assistance with engagement and outreach to public health staff.
- Coordinates and supports a team of ED PPEI Prevention Specialists to deliver outreach.
- Coordinates material and hosting of workshops for purposes of professional development.
- Supports ED PPEI Prevention Specialists to meet ED:PPEI guidelines for outreach.
- Assists and reviews workshop facilitators’ outreach efforts.
- Administers Outreach activities.
- Maintains responsibility for all administration and logistics related to outreach.
- Evaluate requests for outreach.
- Compiles and reports all outreach activities.
- Collects, reviews and presents quantitative and qualitative feedback on outreach.
- Coordinates the collection of data from outreach activities, performs data entry activities, and provides summary analyses of data.
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
At minimum over 3 years up to including 4 years practical and related experience and/or 2 years on-the job training required.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
Proven ability to multi-task and exercise initiative and good judgement.
Strong understanding of eating disorders, food & weight preoccupation and body-image and self-esteem issues.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
December 23, 2021 CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.