Whipcord is looking for a bright, positive and energetic person to join our team as an Intermediate Systems Administrator. This is an exciting opportunity with a company very focused on growth!
We are entrepreneurs, rocket scientists, programmers, farmers, data scientists and deal-makers whose mission is to fundamentally reshape how we produce food by using technology, data and artificial intelligence to drive profitability and sustainability in agriculture. We are achieving this with our firm foundation in data services and our deep roots and cutting edge products in agriculture. Whether it's with First Pass for our agriculture customers or Cloud Solutions for our enterprise customers, we believe in simple solutions that help our neighbours produce more.
For nearly two decades Whipcord has been a Canadian success story, becoming an industry leader in data services with operations across Canada and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base. We see the passion people have for their business, and it excites us to know we can help others take it to the next level by providing solutions through our cloud solutions product set:
- Backup & Replication
- Network Services
Empowered by passionate staff that build deep customer partnerships, we are leveraging our infrastructure and technology to drive customer solutions that allow our customer’s businesses to grow in the connected age.
The role of an Intermediate Systems Administrator is to design, implement, direct, and manage customer solutions. This individual serves as a technical expert on systems administration in large and complex computing environments. This position serves as a specialist on multiple operating systems and platforms supporting enterprise-wide or large-scale computing. This role is customer focused and will define solutions aligning to client requirements in areas of cloud, virtual environments, backup and replication environments, and storage solutions. The successful candidate will play an integral part of the team, while also providing day-to-day support for our clients.
- Daily IT operations (service provisioning, customer service, ticket management, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.)
- Maintain Whipcord infrastructure including network, VMWare environment, SAN and NAS storage
- Perform Windows and Linux systems administration
- Data centre infrastructure monitoring and maintenance
- Change management and documentation
- Operate,maintain, and expand Whipcord’sdata centre facilities, infrastructure, and services
- Provide end-user support to both Whipcordcustomers and employees
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Assist with design and implementation of new systems and services
- Administrative access to systems
- C.E.T, BS or MS with a major in computer science or similar preferred (or equivalent industry certification such as A+, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP, etc.)
- Minimum of 4years relevant industry experience
- Practical experience in at least threeof the following fields:
- IP networks (including LAN, WAN, BGP, VPN, and wireless technologies)
- Storage administration (including FC/FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS protocols)
- Virtual infrastructure (VMWare 6.x, Xen/KVM, OpenStack, Hyper-V)
- System administration (Windows, Linux, Solaris, *BSD)
- Database administration (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, MySQL)
- Data centre infrastructure (power, cooling, BMS/DCIM)
- Understand what you are feeling, what your emotions mean, and how they affect other people (Emotional Intelligence)
- Listens attentively to people’s ideas and concerns
- Show commitment to your team’s purpose and goals
- Gather and analyze information and use it to develop effective solutions
- Listen actively and communicate effectively with others
- Effectively solve customer problems
- Show a willingness to continuously learn and grow
- Stay current with techniques and technologies in the IT field
We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time