The Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick (WNNB) provides high-quality scientific analysis and technical support to New Brunswick’s six Wolastoqey communities1 on matters that impact Aboriginal and Treaty Rights. Our organization strives to protect these Rights and the natural resources on which they rely. Reporting to the Consultation Director and Senior Advisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day employee relations of WNNB.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree or certificate in Human Resource Management;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources;
- Staffing, compensation & benefits, policy development, regulatory compliance, training, workplace health & safety;
- Project management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated conflict management and mediation experience;
- Comfort and ability to work on Employee issues and remain unbiases;
- Knowledge and understanding of Wolastoqey culture and communities.
This position requires a high degree of confidentiality. Ability to produce a criminal record check will be required by the successful candidate.
Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick offers an attractive compensation and benefits plan. Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Working location is Kchikhusis Commercial Centre, St. Mary’s First Nation, Fredericton, NB.
Applications should be submitted in confidence via email, with the subject line “Human Resources”, to: human(dot)resources(at)wolastoqey(dot)ca.
The deadline for applications is October 21st, 2019. Applicants cannot be an elected official of a First Nation.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Fredericton, NB (Required)
- English (Required)