A1 Development is a vertically-integrated real estate investment company that develops, constructs and manages commercial real estate projects.
A1 utilizes its extensive real estate expertise and industry relationships to create value for a range of foundations, family offices, and high net worth investors through direct acquisition and active development of real estate projects, primarily located in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are currently looking for a versatile and well-experienced Construction General Manager to lead and manage our new upcoming projects.
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs aimed at implementing on specialized in managing construction projects;
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs;
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with external stakeholder groups (Estimating, Operations, Procurement, Process Excellence, Finance, Safety, QA/QC, etc.);
- Ensure compliance and consistent adoption of all current Project Management, Project Controls, Risk Management best practices and tools;
- Ensure the strategic and effective development, growth, and retention of people resources for project controls functions to support our current and future Project Management needs;
- Maintain an emphasis on developing a strong, organic and agile team focused on consistent, safe and profitable project execution;
- Accountable to ensure that internal and customer project management reporting requirements are met, while driving enhanced reporting accuracy and proficiency though automation;
- Accountable to ensure accurate and timely Tracking and Forecasting and Construction Schedule activities on assigned projects;
- Assist in execution and project management subject matter preparation for large tender proposals;
- Accountable to ensure the effective and optimal management and administration of project lessons learned;
- Accountable to ensure that all internal and external project management Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are maintained and reported, as appropriate;
- Accountable to ensure effective and consistent Document Control processes are leveraged;
- Provide supervision, mentoring, development of assigned Managers, as direct reports;
- Accountable for oversight of the supervision, mentoring, development by Managers, of their direct reports.
- 5+ years of experience in construction industry.
- 2+ years of experience in managing staff
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Strong systems experience with knowledge, aptitude and desire to collaborate, design, document and implement processes.
- Strong verbal, written in presentation and communications Skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadline requirements.
- Excellent attention to details, and ability to multi-task.
- Forward-thinking leader that is willing to contribute to our company’s growth and expansion.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects while motivating professional and technical staff.
Salary: $155,000 - $165,000 per hour – 40 – 48 hours per week
We only accept resumes via email. Please refrain from dropping off resumes or calling the office.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $155,000.00-$166,000.00 per year
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction Industry: 5 years (Preferred)