- Receive all client waste – both bulk liquids/solids and containerized
- Take samples from waste vehicles and containers for lab analysis
- Load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers
- Operate plant machinery and assist with general maintenance
- Assisting in waste treatment and waste water treatment methods and processes
- Assist with preparing shipments of hazardous and non-hazardous waste for transport
- Gain a full understanding and working knowledge of the company’s standard operating procedures (SOPs), and ensure they are followed
- Notify the Shift Supervisor/General Manager of any defects, damages, mistakes, errors, contamination, spills, other incidents or accidents that are identified
- Document and report completion status of work assigned by the Shift Supervisor/Manager
- Comply with rules, procedures, safe work and hygiene practices, health and safety standards and use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain work area to ensure to compliance with housekeeping, environmental and safety regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Previous hazardous and non-hazardous waste management experience is an asset
- Previous experience operating air diaphragm pumps and bulk liquid transfer systems is an asset
- Propane forklift experience/certification is an asset
- Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment
- Must be safety conscious and detail oriented
- Must be comfortable working in a mostly outdoor environment
- Ability to follow procedures and execute work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Emergency response availability including evenings and weekends
- Valid G License with a good driver abstract
- Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to navigate our site or apply for a position, please send us an email at careers@gflenv .com with the nature of your request along with your contact information. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waste Handling: 1 year (Required)
- Bowmanville, ON (Preferred)
- G License (Preferred)