Are you responsible? Are you great at teamwork? Are you enthusiastic? Do you love working with children? Centre du Sablon Summer Camp has the job for you. We are looking to hire staff for a summer day camp at a community centre in Laval. Potential candidates must be fluent in French and English, have experience working with children, be at least 16 years of age as of June 1st, be available to work the entire summer.
Here are some of the expectations we have of you:
- Maintain a professional and positive outlook throughout the summer
- Providing a safe and fun space for the campers
- Animate and organize activities and games that are original and appropriate to the group and to the theme of the week.
- Following the directives of all the Chiefs as well as updating them with any changes.
- Remaining in constant communication with the parents of the children in their group.
- Logging down and incidents that may occur during the day
- Ensure that they are following their schedule.
- Working in conjunction with the integration aides.
- Playing with the children
- Working harmoniously and helping the specialists and co-counselor
- Organizing activities in relation to the activity of the week
- Training the C.I.T.s
- Maintaining a clean classroom or space including locker rooms and outdoor spaces.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $12.55 to $13.00 /hour
- summer camp, daycare or any other relevant setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)