The Supplier Program Manager reporting to the Manager, Material Planning & Receiving, Supply Chain, will manage the end-to-end supply chain for a new family of products. The Supplier Program Manager is the prime interface between the newly transitioned Supply Chain and the Operations teams to establish standardized processes and compliant demand planning, material sourcing, costing and supply.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
· Manage the new supply chain transition of a newly acquired family of products: Work directly with new Contract Manufacturer to ensure supply of material for all build requirements
· Ensure commercial compliance to the contract terms and conditions. Manage new contract manufacturer relationship to standard company practices
· Build supplier relationship and act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related and/or technical issues
· Monitor supplier performance by ensuring product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance
· Identify sources of supply for all material requirements on all BOM shortages
· Where sourcing demands alternate sources of supply, support the efforts of the Manager Material Planning & Receiving Supply Chain in identifying the right strategic sourcing strategies
· Negotiate the most cost-effective pricing on all components based on best views of commercialized volumes
· Assist Material Planning and Finance Operations in striking standard costs for new products components
· Develop and maintain cost book projections that clearly highlight cost and major cost drivers for the product through the products lifecycle
· Highlight risk components such as EOL, Long Lead, Sole Source and assist with alternate strategies to mitigate
· Manage all forecast and PO issuance, expedites, PPV tracking, financial reconciliations, and E&O claims
· Highlight and escalate risk items that have the potential to impact builds and ramp plans
· Work in conjunction with the CM to coordinate builds
· Ensure the appropriate process are followed and approvals obtained for all build purchasing activity
· SCMA designation, formal education/degree in Supply Chain preferred.
· Typically requires a minimum of 15+ years’ experience in supply chain with 5+ years within a product transition environment
· Experience in electronic manufacturing and procurement of electronic components, commodities, sub assemblies, finished goods
· Strong analytical and organizational skills with adept knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Power Point, and Excel
· Experience utilizing multiple approaches to achieve cost reduction, participated/lead negotiations, design changes, and joint supplier programs
· Exhibits eagerness to acquire leadership skills with ability to motivate oneself and foster individual professional development
· Strong problem-solving skills, including active listening, identifying the issue, and driving solutions
· Highly results driven with the ability to demonstrate supplier improvement and implement cost reduction programs
· Self-starter, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, creative in nature with the ability to think outside of the box while remaining one step ahead of the problem
· Ability to take an organized approach, set priorities, identify risks and opportunities, manage resources, milestones, and costs
· Strong communication skills, interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity with the ability to work with suppliers across the globe
· Experienced in working with global supply base and ability to maintain relationship and communication with suppliers in low-cost countries
· Experience leading broad-based product cost reduction initiatives
· Experience in negotiating MSA/SOW/Term Sheet agreements
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Global experience managing sources of supply and contract manufacturing
· Experience in ODM, OEM & CM business models and negotiations
· Experience with Oracle ERP system preferred
Vecima (TSX: VCM) is a global leader focused on developing integrated hardware and scalable software solutions for broadband access, content delivery and telematics. We enable the world’s leading innovators to advance, connect, entertain, and analyze. We build technologies that transform content delivery and storage, enable high-capacity broadband network access, and streamline data analytics. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent.
Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Vecima has a competitive compensation and benefits package and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Supplier Program Manager, we want to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home