VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and motivated Forklift Operator to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: Friday, Saturday & Sunday (Days)
Reports To: Supervisor, Cross Dock
Office/Facility: CPX Calgary
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the daily movement of inventory within our warehouse to ensure delivery readiness and quality of products.
- Receive, unload and store incoming product.
- Locate, pick, load and ship outgoing product.
- Follow procedures to ensure the accurate, efficient and safe operation of all equipment (i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks, shrink wrap machines, etc.)
- Notify operational management of any equipment maintenance required.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Report all building failures, including racking, lighting, floors, etc.
- Maintain the integrity of products by ensuring it is stored at appropriate temperatures and report any variances.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Clean and brush dock and warehouse floors and inspection rooms as per quality standards.
- Chip ice where required and maintain clear aisles.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift Operation: 1 year of experience is an asset.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures.
- Ability to take direction, learns quickly, communicate effectively and work with a team.
- Ability to read and count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, conflict resolution and team building abilities.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude.
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented.
- Ability to manage and adapt to change.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
VersaCold welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Move and stack materials
- Load and unload trucks
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Use warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary