Established in 1989, Terlin has become a leader and innovator in full-service construction for retail, commercial, and institutional clients. Distinguished by their end- to-end approach and unparalleled reputation for quality and reliability, Terlin’s state-of- the-art facility houses their custom Millwork shop which provides an exclusive focus on the specialized needs of their clients. From design through construction and service, Terlin handles every aspect of interior construction and delivers outstanding and consistent results.
The Terlin Team is a talented and driven group of experts, tradespeople, designers, and project managers. In addition to their skilled partners and sub-trades, Terlin’s complete team is made up of close to 200 dedicated individuals – each committed to making customer service and satisfaction their highest priorities. And they are always looking for great people to join their team!
Terlin is currently searching for a fulltime, experienced, and dynamic Project Manager, International & Special Projects to join our team. The environment is fast-paced and growth-oriented – ideally suited for individuals who like to take charge and are driven to build on current successes. Our current opportunities relate to building construction / perimeter protection / interior fit-ups for international organizations in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
As an international project management professional, you will be responsible for building business success by identifying, qualifying, establishing, maintaining, and coordinating international projects. The functions include business development, cost estimation, organizing and planning, as well as preparing close out and reporting documents, all while collaborating with local / international clients, sub-contractors, and colleagues to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Specifically, the Project Manager, International & Special Projects is responsible for:
- Identifying business opportunities with current and prospective customers and by researching the industry and market trends.
- Procuring and executing a global portfolio of projects ranging from multiple small projects to major site improvements.
- Assisting with the development of proposals.
- Building and managing relationships with high-profile clients, mentoring of staff, and advising poorly performing team members by providing information, support, and guidance.
- Leading cross-functional teams to achieve project goals, including internal and external consultants, contractors, product vendors, and commissioning agents.
- Reporting and updating relevant stakeholders on project progress.
- Collaborating with the Accounting Department as it relates to budgets, expenses, and profits as well as detecting cost-related issues.
- Managing project fees, invoicing, schedules, and the quality of the projects during design and construction.
- Reviewing project documents (drawings, specifications, RFI’s, etc.) and evaluating the completeness for the respective phase of design and/or construction.
- Evaluating requested changes and managing the change process.
- Risk identification and issue resolution.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills, is extremely organized, detail-oriented, has a positive attitude, and a vast knowledge of construction and trades.
- Minimum seven (7) years of construction industry project management.
- Strong business acumen as it relates to full project management including conceptual/detailed estimating, scheduling, cost controls, reporting, and demonstrated ability to manage budgets and schedules within project expectations.
- Direct experience in international project management and the security factors associated with potentially less-than-favourable locations of international organizations.
- Proven written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills to lead diverse cross- functional teams.
- Ability and willingness to work internationally for extended periods.
- Knowledge of Canadian Building Code would be considered an asset.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
- Professional and extremely diplomatic.
- Ability to motivate and think outside the box when needed.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts.
- Ability to recognize issues as challenges and capacity to work well under pressure.
- A valid Secret security clearance (or ability to successfully obtain same) is a requirement of the position.
- Bilingual (English and French) would be considered a significant asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
What Terlin Has to Offer
Terlin offers employees the opportunity to work on innovative projects alongside dynamic, dedicated, and talented teams who possess a strong drive for success. A few of the advantages a career with Terlin would offer are:
- The complexity and variety of projects;
- Dedicated leadership support and growth opportunities;
- Mid-size, entrepreneurial business with friends & family feel;
- National and international reach through collaborative divisions including construction, service, millwork, and high-security.
Their comprehensive and industry-competitive benefits package is designed to meet the demands of each individual’s life at work as well as at home. Employees are eligible for coverage under Terlin’s benefit plans and are encouraged to participate in any, or all, of their benefit programs.
Terlin is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusiveness.
Do you have the drive, the experience, and the commitment to excellence to be part of the Terlin Team?
If you think you have what it takes, and would like to join an organization that offers proven corporate leadership, opportunities for career advancement, many unique benefits, and a collaborative environment, then let Terlin provide you with an excellent place to work, grow, and excel!
To learn more about Terlin Construction Ltd., visit their website at www.terlin.ca .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction industry: 7 years (Required)