For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. Headquartered in St. Thomas, Ontario, Yurek has four divisions to meet our clients’ healthcare needs:
From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, Yurek Pharmacy Limited is committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life. Yurek Specialties Limited is a state-of-the-art processing facility in London, ON, which features the latest equipment to support the processing, production, and delivery of medical supplies and infusion equipment, along with related supplies, to the entirety of the approved South West Community Care Access Centre region. Yurek Home Healthcare offers access to thousands of home healthcare products and equipment options designed to promote accessibility, independence, and quality of life.Yurek Mobility is proud to support our clients with delivery, set-up, repair, and maintenance services for various mobility options to keep our clients independent and on the move.
We are currently looking for an organized and analytical contract Proposal Writer to join our Yurek team in our London, Ontario Yurek Specialties location. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the planning, development and writing winning proposals from start to finish. The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication, planning, organizing, and problem solving skills.
The responsibilities for the Proposal Writer will include:
- Manage the proposal process from start to finish ensuring a top quality, competitive and winning response to comprehensive Requests for Proposals and related documents.
- Coordinate RFP review process including reviewing RFP requirements, development of proposal outline and timeline/assignments (Proposal Plan), and identifying questions, concerns and potential risks.
- Write proposals using the input obtained from all sources in a concise, responsive, logical fashion while ensuring that the information provided complies with the specifications
- Analyzes the requirements of an RFP and identifies what information needs to be included in the proposal
- Coordinates with stakeholders and other information sources to determine how to further develop appropriate responses
- Conducts any additional research that is required to develop the responses
- Disseminates proposals for clients by required deadlines; provides necessary copies to senior leadership, managers, and other employees as appropriate
- Plans and prepares proposal content
- Coordinate and submit follow up responses throughout bid process
- High School Diploma, Completion of post-secondary education in a related field preferred
- Minimum 1 year proposal writing experience
- Proven ability to write clear, compelling copy
- Excellent command of the English language: both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a high degree of literacy; i.e. reading for comprehension, ability to make inferences, ability to read and produce documents written at the advanced English level
- Capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Critical thinking, innovation, creativity, self-starter, able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Effective oral and written communication, planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, with advanced proficiency required in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong active listening skills to encourage effective teamwork, and assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Strong ability to synthesize facts, concepts, principles, identify critical issues quickly and accurately, and compile, sort, and interpret data
- Ability to research, investigate, compile information Mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
- Strong time management skills and proficiency in setting and achieving goals
- Strong attention to detail
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Competitive compensation rate depending on experience
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company where you immediately are treated like family and have a possibility to grow into permanent opportunities
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
Qualified, self-driven, and meticulously organized team players are invited to apply online on indeed.com by June 21, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- Proposal Writing: 1 year (Preferred)