Hours of Work:
Time of Day:Shift Length:Open Date::
Under the direction of a Radiologist or obstetrician gynecologist, performs a variety of ultrasound procedures at a technical level, not requiring constant supervision of quality. Responsible to maintain competency and follows standards, as outlined by the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active member of the ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography). Must provide documentation of registration to the department manager in January of each calendar year.
- Must be registered with CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologist of Ontario)
- Must have prior experience and be able to work independently in abdominal, obstetrical, doppler and special procedures.
- PACS experience an asset.
- Competency in MSK imaging an asset.
- Must maintain registration through a point accumulation system (30 points/triennium) by attending seminars, courses, telemedicine conferences. Documentation of continued post-graduate education is required at annual performance review.
- Technologists are required to submit a photocopy of current registration to the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging.
- Expected to acquire future mandatory Canadian Association of Radiological Diagnostic Ultrasound Profession (CARDUP) registration.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Responsible to utilize high-frequency sound waves as established in department protocols for a variety of ultrasound imaging procedures. Ultrasound technologists must have knowledge of normal anatomy vs. pathological variance. Must evaluate requisition and interview the patient to determine appropriateness of exam required.
- Responsible to produce maximum image quality, adapting technical factors and accessories in consideration of patient condition, the requested exam and clinical history.
- Ability to troubleshoot and report equipment problems and/or arrange service as required.
- Responsible to identify patient accurately by checking name bands or confirming names with out-patients.
- Ensure a safe environment for patients.
- Perform examinations in a respectful and compassionate manner.
- Participates in the preliminary explanation of examinations and/or special procedures.
- Responsible for the organization of daily work schedule, accommodating additional or urgent requests as required.
- Participates as a team member to ensure smooth workflow within the department and between the department and other areas within the hospital.
- Responsible to be continuously up-to-date on all changes to equipment, protocol and computer documentation.
- Responsible to position, transfer, and lift patients to acquire images.
- Responsible to maintain positive ergonomics to enable extended periods of scanning time.
- Assist radiologist during special procedures or as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday evenings and alternative weekends