Machine Repair Technician
Mazak Corporation Canada
Mazak Corporation Canada is looking for skilled and experienced Machine Repair Technicians.
Responsibilities and Position Criteria
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, then assemble them with safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as required, position the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using power tools.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, rulers, micrometers and plumb bobs.
- Have experience changing Mazak ball screws, bearings, drives, encoders and general aspects of machinery.
- Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment and old equipment.
- Identify and correct any problems/issues found in machines and equipment.
- Industrial Millwright Certification 433A
- Experience with CNC machinery is an asset.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Ability to detect, isolate and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or dismembered.
- Demonstrate aptitude in reading interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals and specifications.
- Ability to weld and operate all shop equipment and perform basic machining practices.
- Must have working knowledge of in-house hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel is required.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Machine Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Cambridge, ON (Required)
- Industrial Millwright 433A (Required)
- English (Required)