Score Promotions is an industry leader in Promotional Products, Promotional Items & Corporate Gifts. We provide a unique approach to Branded Promotional Marketing by focusing on our clients' marketing objectives and cultural attributes. We act as a valuable extension to our clients' marketing departments adding creativity and product knowledge to the promotional merchandise for maximizing brand awareness. We have been in the industry since 1999 and service businesses all over North America.
This is an UNPAID position with ample opportunities to learn and be mentored by an HR Director. In order to qualify for this internship, you must be a University or College student in a co-op/internship program that Accepts UNPAID positions.
The ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment. After this internship you will be able to apply for jobs within your field with confidence and experience.
- Assisting developing and facilitating the student new employee Orientation
- Updating or compiling training documentation
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Research and make recommendations on wellness initiatives
- Coordinate and perform workplace audits
- Prepare reports and make recommendations on safe work practices
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of policies and procedures and provide input into the improvement of the same
- Assist with recruitment (sourcing, screening, interviewing)
- Following up with new hire paperwork, instructing new hires on how to complete contracts and other relevant paperwork
- Learn how to create and maintain postings for available positions
- Develop relationships with outreach organizations, as well as with universities/colleges to increase resume flow
The Successful Candidate:
- Currently enrolled in a Post-Secondary Institute in the field of Human Resources with a required co-op term or hours requirement
- Previous Office related experience
- Previous experience in HR is an asset but not mandatory
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a marketing environment
- Demonstrates initiative and commitment to learning
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The hours for all positions are flexible, minimum 3 days a week, unpaid Intern placements. The Intern will be required to sit at reception.
Score Promotions thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Like what you hear and think you will be a great addition to our team?
Please email your resume and tell us why you are awesome! If you knock our socks off, we will invite you to come impress us in person!
Score Promotions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so when applying.
Job Type: Internship