Are you a talented Product Compliance Specialist looking for a new challenge in a growing industry? Are you interest in joining one of Alberta’s top 75 employers? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Cannabis Quality Assurance Manager, the Cannabis Product Compliance Specialist is responsible for the implementation of the overall Quality Management System. The Cannabis Product Compliance Specialist will provide guidance and leadership for the quality management programs as well as work closely with the merchandising team on new products, new product categories and new accessories sourced from our suppliers to ensure it meets Health Canada and AGLC guidelines.
This role will also make strategic recommendations based upon KPIs/ metrics, regulations, and industry best practices, for continuous improvement initiatives in the Quality Area.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have superior verbal and written communication. You will need to be able to effectively prioritize and plan multiple projects with the ability to develop collaborative working relationships, to act with diplomacy to resolve conflicts constructively. Strong critical thinking skills and professional judgment to resolve highly complex and sensitive problems in a practical and timely manner are also essential. Candidates must be knowledgeable in current and emerging practices and trends in quality assurance. Strong experience as a Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs (QA/RA) leader, with proven ability to build, implement and direct Quality programs/processes is also required.
- University degree in chemistry, food science or business related discipline and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in quality assurance
- Experience with working with Health Canada or any of its agencies is required
- Experience of conducting Good manufacturing practice (GMP) audit/inspection is required
- Professional designations or certification for related to quality assurance, Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) or Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) certificate would be an asset
- Experience in Food or Consumer Packaged Goods industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of project management, change management and Six Sigma would be an asset
- Certification or experience in supply chain management would be an asset
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
ABOUT THE DIVISION & BRANCH
This Division collaborates with many internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a balance between consumer demand, social responsibility, product selection and economic benefit for the province. They also oversee the operations of retailer relations and the commercial cannabis strategy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,549.41 to $88,593.84 /year
- quality assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)