The shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for the shipping and receiving of goods for the hospital, ensures the physical replenishing of inventory and filling department requests for inventory items and maintains inventory accuracy. The shipping and receiving clerk signs for all incoming shipments for the hospital matching goods with packing slips and is responsible for the delivery of all shipments to the appropriate end users ensuring end user signatures are obtained utilizing the Supply Tracking handhelds.
- Enter quantities from packing slip into the computer system, contacting Buyer regarding any discrepancies.
- Picks and delivers all stock item requests that are not carried on the par carts when required during regular business hours.
- Carries out cycle counts on all inventory items and updates inventory counts in computer when necessary, participating in the annual inventory counts.
- Ensures that incoming medical devices are checked by the Biomedical Engineer, and CSA safety checks are conducted by the maintenance department on all other new electrical equipment.
- Arranges appropriate couriers for incoming and outgoing shipments for the hospital, accurately completes all waybills and ensuring that items for shipping are packaged to prevent damage.
- Tracks lost items with courier companies establishing proof of deliveries for lost/missing items.
- High School education or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Shipping/receiving experience required.
- Computer inventory experience required.
- Statistical data entry required.
- Knowledge of Inventory Management experience required.
- Computer skills in a Windows environment preferred.
- Able to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions.
- Demonstrates excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health