ADEX Canada Ltd.
Scope of Work
ADEX Cell Tech I
Employee Benefits (Adex Employee):
Expenses paid weekly
Medical / Dental Benefits co-paid after three months
Company Profit sharing or RRSP plan after 12 months
Work is currently in Ontario with some work outside of province
- Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for UMTS and LTE, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
- Customers include but not limited to, Bell Telus, Rogers, Freedom, Explorenet.
- Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform reconfigurations and routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment for Huawei, Ericsson and Nokia
- Perform Cell site commissioning, and integration as well as Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements. Interpret the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
- Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs.
- Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
- Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
- Able to trouble shoot AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
- Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position.
- Basic Microwave principals
- Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience totaling up to 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
- Must have experience with Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia, and some microwave experience with various vendors
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (ie: shift work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed. 24/7 On Call required.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Basic computer skills.
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
- The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors. Ability to see colors is a must
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems.
- Previous experience working wireless networking system.
- Travel may be required, but as the exception not the rule.