A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British Columbia.
If you are interested in working for a reputable and leading insurer, ICBC is looking to bring a qualified Actuary to manage their Pricing Sophistication team. Working within our larger Insurance Pricing and Regulatory Affairs department.
The Pricing Sophistication team is responsible for creation and implementation of various modelling/technology based solutions. The team supports the Personal and Commercial Insurance business on developing short and long term rate design strategies as well as assisting the corporation to make data driven decisions.
As part of the Pricing Sophistication team, you will be expected to leverage your skills to create and enhance current predictive models. These actuarial concepts need to be communicated to senior leaders that will ultimately improve strategic and tactical decision making to support ICBC’s ability to achieve corporate priorities. You will require a high level of liaison with members of different functional units and modelling teams to coordinate sharing of best practice and expertise.
- Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society (or other recognised society) or a post graduate degree in a relevant field that may include computer science, actuarial science, statistics or mathematics
- Experience managing, supporting and developing a small team of analysts/data scientists.
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies including experience with generalised linear modeling and Insurance industry experience is a plus
- Known for being a team player, excellent analytical skills and critical thinking will be complemented by effective communication skills, leadership and creativity in tackling complex business problems. Effective time management skills
- Strong knowledge of data extraction, exploration and analysis tools such as SQL, R, SAS and Tableau is essential. Ability to work with structured and unstructured data
- Provide support to the wider ICBC data strategy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent