We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Director to join the Senior Management Team reporting to the Managing Director for Mowi Canada East. The Human Resources Director provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the senior management team providing insights that lead to key decision making within the business. As a key member of the Senior Management Team the Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, Health & Safety ,training and development, total rewards and compensation.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Human Resource provincial and federal legislative requirements
- Manage Human Resources and Health & Safety budget and translate business priorities into Human Resources objectives, plans and actions
- Work with the senior management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives.
- Ensure recruitment processes and procedures are aligned with production plan and remain current and knowledgeable on Global policy and procedures as a recruitment option
- Provides leadership in labour relations, union negotiations, and collective agreement administration.
- Leads the planning of the employee total compensation strategy and remain current and knowledgeable on internal and external compensation practices
- Develop and manage global performance management program and facilitate professional development and training initiatives for employees
- Execute and follow-up on engagement survey related activities and promote positive employee engagement concepts and activities
- Lead, align and drive the safety culture at the executive level by providing strategy, leadership and support for all Health & Safety policies and procedures Qualifications
- Human Resources degree or Human Resources certification from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Human Resources profession
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) is an asset
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in labour and employee relations (negotiations of collective agreement, managing grievances and arbitrations)
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Frequent travel throughout operations in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island
- Ideal location for this role would be positioned near either of our main office locations in either St. Albans, NL or St. George, NB. A relocation bonus would be offered to the chosen candidate if relocation was required.
MOWI offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, and potential for annual company bonus. To be considered for this opportunity with a progressive, growth-oriented company, please submit your resume and cover letter online at https://mowi.com/people/vacancies
Deadline to Apply: Sept 13, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)