Who We Are:
Wesley is a long-standing local non-profit, offering support for people experiencing poverty, homelessness, and barriers in the community, and is ranked one of Canada's Best Charities 2020: The Top 100.
We provide programs and services to meet diverse community needs in Hamilton as well as Halton Region and Brantford – Brant. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our clients, families and each other.
Internal Job Posting
Job Title: Enhanced Youth Outreach Worker Job Posting #: 3061
Program: Provincial Youth Outreach Program (Brantford) Classification: B
Posting Date: May 29, 2020 Posting Closing: June 12, 2020 @4:00pm
Status: full-time, permanent, union
Purpose: The position will support at-risk and high-risk youth and their families to better navigate and connect with services and pro-social opportunities in their communities to improve youth outcomes.
This EYOW Intensive Case Manager will work with the Provincial Youth Outreach Workers team, providing intensive one-on-one support to high-risk youth ages 12 to 21 and their families to prevent youth from further risk / violence. High-risk youth are youth who may be experiencing challenges related to mental health, addictions, trauma, relationship violence, human / sex trafficking and / or may be involved in criminal activities; and who have been involved in specific incidents or conflicts (fight at school, interaction with the police, sibling in conflict with the law)
The Enhanced Youth Outreach Worker will:
1. Provide short-term, counselling and support services to high-risk youth in accordance with the Stages of Change intervention model adapted for the Youth Outreach Worker Program.
2. Provide intensive case management support that is client centred, with goal based planning and a case plan for each client.
3. Collaborate with the Youth Outreach Worker team to identify youth who may require additional, more intensive services, and to align support services for individual youth.
4. Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
5. Report clinically the Supervisor of Community Youth Programs .
6. Meet regularly and develop a positive relationship with the various partner agencies.
7. Develop and oversee a short-term case management plan for high-risk youth, and support youth by:
a. Helping youth to identify their needs, goals, aspirations, skills and abilities as well as barriers to accessing services;
b. Helping youth to build resiliency, pro-social skills and other protective factors to address their various risk factors;
c. Helping youth to address the specific incidents / risk factors that may bring them into conflict with peers, family, and / or the law;
d. Providing youth with general information, contacts, referrals and support as needed to build assets and address needs (e.g., housing, employment, education, health care and recreation; social and emotional issues); and
e. Referring youth to appropriate services in the community, and supporting them to access these services.
8. Support parents and family members to help youth address their needs by providing short-term counselling, if needed, and referring parents and family members to other supports and services available in the community.
9. Maintain collaborative working relationships with other professionals within and outside of the organization.
10. Enter and maintain accurate and complete service data in the Outreach Record in a timely manner
11. Maintain professional and evidence-based standards of practice in accordance with the Stages of Change intervention model, a positive youth development framework and relevant legislation (e.g. Child and Family Services Act, Youth Criminal Justice Act).
12. Carry out other duties as assigned
Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work and eligible for certification membership in a registered professional association.
Minimum of 2 years' experience related to working with at-risk, street involved youth.
Familiarity with the specialized needs of youth who may be experiencing challenges related to integration, isolation, mental health, addictions, trauma, relationship violence, human / sex trafficking and / or may be involved in criminal activities;
Demonstrated ability delivering intensive, short-term counselling and support services to youth in crisis, helping them to address their specific challenges, and referring and supporting them to access required services;
Demonstrated ability to support family members of high-risk youth, and refer them to required services;
Skill in managing the case plans of multiple, high-risk youth clients and their families;
Knowledge of and sensitivity to the life experiences and diverse needs, identities and cultural backgrounds of at-risk and high-risk youth in underserved communities;
Knowledge of the community including knowledge of local programs and services to refer high-risk youth, such as mental health and counselling supports;
Skill in establishing trusting relationships with youth;
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and negotiate effectively with a range of community groups and service providers across sectors;
Reliable Vehicle and valid licence required.
Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends as required.
1. Builds constructive relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect
2. Helps to create and contributes to a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity
3. Values and respects the internal and external customers to the organization
1. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of their work, and team work
2. Believes, respects and adheres to the vision, mission and values of Wesley Urban Ministries
1. Demonstrates an understanding of Wesley's, Vision and Values through service delivery approach
2. Acts with integrity
3. Demonstrates a knowledge of the code of ethics of working in social services
4. Adapts to changing program requirements, conditions and work responsibilities
Please Apply Via: Our Wesley Breezy Employee Portal:
1. Click on this link: https://wesley.breezy.hr/team/signin or wesley.breezy.hr
2. Press the employee tab – top right of the page
3. Please sign in with your Wesley email
4. Breezy will send you a sign in confirmation email
5. From there you can access all of Wesley's internal job postings
Wesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. More information about Wesley can be found on our website at www.wesley.ca (http://www.wesley.ca/)