Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace.
Please reference your collective agreement for corrected rate of pay to the three decimal points.
- Post-Secondary School Education in medical secretary/medical transcription or equivalent combination of education (minimum of grade 12) and relative working experience.
- Must have demonstrated typing and other basic clerical skills including computer/word processing, e-mail and faxing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Prepares charts for all new patients, patient transfers, admissions and discharges/deaths.
- Adds new chart sheets and files all reports on the patient’s charts.
- Transcribes Doctor’s orders from the Doctor’s order sheet ensuring that assigned nursing staff are aware of Doctor’s orders.
- Prepares requisitions for tests and arranges consultations and appointments for patients either in-house or at other healthcare facilities.
- Arranges transportation for patient transfers and appointments at other healthcare facilities.
- Orders office supplies as necessary.
- Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with others
- Functions as the unit’s receptionist by directing visitors and answering phones.
- Completes all typing/word processing for the Nursing Unit.
- Replaces staff for nursing unit as required.
- Assists with payroll function.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.