A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
The chosen candidate will supervise an accounting team to support the administrative and financial activities of the department. The Manager, Accounting is responsible for the preparation, processing, and analysis of financial reports, ensuring that administrative processes related to accounting are effective, and comply with the controls in place to ensure fair representation of financial information.
- Manage and support the accounting and administrative team;
- Prepare and review weekly and monthly reports including complete financial statements;
- Act as a contact person for the accounting team on all matters related to financial processing and administrative processes;
- Plan and coordinate inventory counts reconcile inventory counts and review results;
- Support other departments in their questions and requests related to finance;
- Budgetary responsibility for the facility, including completing Administrative budgets, and supporting the individual departments;
- Responsible for traceability reporting around food safety programs;
- Prepare accounting information for the annual external audits and various internal audits;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent;
- Professional title (CPA) or working towards;
- Experience in personnel management;
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in an accounting role or a similar position;
- Experience in: Operational Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory and Document Management, and Export processing are considered an asset
- Highly proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of AS/400 (an asset);
- High level of precision, organization, analysis and autonomy;
- Attention to detail;