POSITION: Café Manager
LOCATION: de la terre café + bakery; 3839 Main St. Jordan, ON
HOURS: full- time hours; 40 – 44hrs/ week
SALARY: $46 000 ($20.10/hr) - $50 000($21.85) depending on experience
EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
de le terre café + bakery is located in Jordan Village, and is seeking a café manager to manage both the kitchen and front of house departments. Our cafe + bakery is a medium sized cafe seating about 30 inside, and about 30 on the outside patio weather permitting. Everything served at de la terre is made in house. We are seeking to hire a skilled, responsible, and confident individual with both kitchen and management experience. The Café Manager would be responsible for the successful operation of the café, overseeing all aspects of the operation. The Café Manager will have the freedom the create new menu items, coordinate suppliers, and implement weekly or bi- weekly features in keeping with de la terre’s culinary vision. The Café Manager will hire, train, manage, and oversee all Kitchen and Front of House staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Interview, supervise, teach, train, lead, and appropriately schedule all staff in the Front of House and kitchen departments
2. Develop, cost, and price menu items appropriately and seasonally. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and costing bi-weekly and monthly sandwiches and soup features.
3. Provide optimum guest experience and handle any customer inquiries or complaints professionally and adequately. It is expected that the Café Manager is working on the floor for a minimum of 60% of scheduled hours to achieve this responsibility.
4. Appropriately plan and manage for upcoming holidays, seasons, or events in the area. It is expected that the Café Manager be open to working a flexible schedule, possibly including evenings and weekends, depending on the season or holiday.
5. Manage inventory and order produce and other goods, as needed, for both the café and kitchen departments.
6. Maintain a safe and clean working environment as well as be knowledgeable in proper food handling, storage, and labeling. Café Manager is responsible for ensuring location passes health inspection.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* 3+ years’ customer service experience
* Minimum 1-year experience in management
* Understand the unpredictable nature of the hospitality industry and be able to work within those constraints
* Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to motive and support their team
* Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills
* Safe Food Handlers Certificate and Smart Serve is required.
* Education and/or training in kitchen management and/or culinary arts at a recognized educational institute is an asset.
* Prior knowledge of de la terre is an asset
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $46,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- hospitality or restaurant industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)