Do copy errors and carelessness make you cringe? Are you looking for work on a contract /freelance base? Want to flex your creative style? Then this will be the job for you!
Out There Productions in Canada (outthereproductions.ca) is a well-established television and video production company looking for a meticulous and versatile editor/writer to join our creative team on a contract/freelance base. Focusing on communications projects, you will, edit and review original content that will support marketing, product and other company-wide initiatives for a variety of clients and industries, as well as our own brand. With a sharp eye for detail, you will champion the highest level of quality, ensuring copy is immaculate and editorial excellence is never compromised.
- Meticulously edit copy for spelling, grammar, consistency and accuracy, adhering to various styles and brand guidelines.
- Manage copy integrity as it is moved through various stages of development and approvals throughout the creative process, proofing and championing quality assurance.
- Manage social media accounts, write and post content to various platforms, support media outreach and communications initiatives, as needed.
- Proofread, edit, write original copy for various advertising and marketing collateral and projects as necessary (e.g. digital ads, blogs, corporate communications, proposals, web content, etc.)
- Liaise with Project Manager to interpret briefs and assignments
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively on projects.
- Work on several projects at once, often under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- University or college degree (preferably in communications, English, journalism, media, PR or marketing)
- 1+ years writing or editing experience, preferably in an agency, marketing or communications environment. Corporate communications, PR or media experience are an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly proofread and edit a range of communication pieces without compromising quality. Impeccable grammar and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to translate messages into copy
- Demonstrated ability to adapt writing style for different audiences
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Focused on meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Creativity and smart sense of humour are musts.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment and adept at balancing a high volume of tasks, priorities and deadlines.
Sounds like you?
- Explain why you’re perfect for this role (aka your cover letter)
- Tell us what makes you awesome (resume)
- Show us what you’ve done (interactive portfolio or a few writing samples)
Compensation is based on experience
Thank you for your interest in Out There Productions; those individuals selected will be contacted for a discussion
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- RFP: 2 years (Required)
- Proofreading: 2 years (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)