Auto Body Prepper
Sanding, taping for paint prep, cleaning, following direction, attention to detail and quality work habits. Experience in the field is an asset.
We are willing to train for those that have an aptitude for, and desire to be in, the automotive repair industry long term.
Help prepare vehicles for repair and painting by sanding, taping, cleaning
Some removal of damaged parts for repair preparations.
In preparation for a painting project, auto body painters remove rust and other debris from surfaces to be painted, fill cavities and dents in vehicles to create an even surface, mask or tape off details and components to avoid contamination and select the proper colors and substances for the project.
Depending on their employers, auto body painters may be required to have knowledge of specialty painting techniques. Some auto body painters may need collision repair capabilities as well.
The MAJOR TASKS are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
- Operates and uses all body shop equipment correctly and safely.
- Removes rust from metal and grease and filth from the work surface.
- Masks and protects parts which are not to be painted or primed.
- Maintains the tools and ensures that the equipment is clean and in good functional condition.
- Sees to the cleanliness of the workspace.
- Maintains all personal protective equipment required for health and safety reasons, and wears it, including a respirator, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and bylaws regarding paints, thinners and other hazardous materials. Notifies management of any departure from these rules.
- Works with the other employees to repair and prepare the vehicles.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and masking repaired panels based on work orders provided
- Polishing all completed work when and if required
- Maintaining clean work environment and following health and safety standards
- 1+ years working in the field preferred.
- Prepping/Masking Experience
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees and customers safe, we offer contact-less drop off, payment and pickup. We have professional fogging equipment on site and we sterilize every vehicle arriving prior to any work by any employee.
- related: 1 year (Preferred)