OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work along side with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
Reporting to the Manager, AR coating, this position is responsible for the Operation and maintenance of thin film deposition systems for production runs including but not limited to sandblasting and cleaning of deposition shields, preparation of substrate holder and troubleshooting as required.
- Loading, unloading and operate of thin film deposition equipment
- Preparation and cleaning coating substrates
- Thin film characterization using photospectrometer
- Perform visual inspection of optical surfaces before and after deposition
- Preparing reports and data entry
- Proactively communicate process and/or equipment issues to Management/Engineers
- Perform basic preventive day to day and complex maintenance tasks
- Troubleshooting of deposition systems as required
- Document operational parameters of production equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on cleaning, sand blasting, dicing, of deposition chambers
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor/Manager
- The applicant can expect to work with a diverse range of products and applications and be challenged with new requirements on a regular basis
College diploma and/or BSc, BEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline
The ideal candidate will have experience operating and maintaining thin film deposition equipment in a production environment. Experience in use of a spectrophotometer, working in cleanroom, working knowledge of optical surface and/or semiconductor cleaning process and troubleshoot vacuum chambers and supporting sub-systems would be ideal but not a prerequisite.
- Technical aptitude.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interface with multi-levels within the Company.
- Ability to work independently or within a team in a fast-paced production environment with minimum supervision
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and written specifications
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent