Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, Marriott on the Falls is a 404 -guestroom full service hotel, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. Marriott on the Falls also offers sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
At Marriott on the Falls, our Conference Services operations thrive with the commitment of Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change, and pursuing excellence. We are currently searching for an Events Administrative Assistant who is positive and an enthusiastic individual to join the Conference Services Team. Reporting to the Director of Conference Services of Marriott on the Falls, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Billing Clerk Tasks
- Carrying out daily event billing reviews and corrections.
- Responsible for organizing and recording staff gratuity
- Responsible for actualization of guest rooms
- Tracking daily covers and daily revenue
- Providing professional, friendly, and engaging service which is demonstrated during all interactions with all clients and associates.
- Responding effectively and professionally to telephone general inquiries, walk-in inquiries, and client requests by providing site inspections.
- Acting as the Department’s liaison with clients and other Departments, in absence of the Director of Conference Services.
- Preparing and distributing internal Banquet Event Orders daily prior to shift completion.
- Acting as CITY system administrator to maintain and access all confidential client accounts, bookings, and financial information for both Sales and Catering office files.
- Booking of appointments and maintaining personal filing for the Director of Conference Services, including picking up voicemails daily.
- Attending weekly BEO meetings.
- Maintaining confidential office filing systems, ensuring that once an account becomes definite, the status of booking is updated within the file and are properly entered in the CITY system.
- Preparing special request vouchers and certificates as requested by the Director of Conference Services.
- Preparing all welcome kits, amenities and files for incoming clients
- Attending meetings and functions (minimum 2 times/annually) to keep current of service standards and trends.
- Supporting the Conference Services team to reach common goals by upholding the Hotel’s commitment of providing “World Class Service”.
- Practicing the Marriott brand service behaviours and participates in the daily stand up meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Coordinating of all internal meetings and bedrooms only files.
- Previous experience in a similar or related role, preferred
- University/College degree in related discipline preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Outstanding attention to detail, strong organizational, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written skills communication when dealing with guests and employees, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, co-operatively within a team setting, as well as the ability to plan and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Proficiency with computers and software programs, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent accuracy and precision with numbers.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Basic graphic design skills for development of menus, signage and other required documents.
SOME BENEFITS MARRIOTT ON THE FALLS EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
- Complimentary daily staff meal
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide
- Complimentary parking; complimentary bike storage facilities
- Shower and locker facilities
- Complimentary Company sponsored events
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time