Working in conjunction with all other departments of the hotel, the Guest Services Representative demonstrates the company values by providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous, personable, and professional manner to ensure a positive guest experience. The Guest Services Representative is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk.
Summary of Duties:
· Welcome and greet guests with a warm and friendly smile.
· Check guests in and out of the hotel in an efficient and timely manner.
· Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures and standards.
· Register guest by obtaining or confirming room requirements; verifying pre-registration; assigning rooms; obtaining information and signature and issuing room key cards.
· Establish credit by verifying credit cards or obtaining credit card authorization from outside person or Company.
· Receive and transmit guest messages, mail, facsimiles, packages, etc.
· Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features, and all other services offered by the hotel.
· Provide information to guests and patrons by answering inquires regarding hotel services, hours of operations, daily activities, entertainment, local shopping, travel or special functions.
· Collect revenue by entering services and charges; computing bill; obtaining payment either through credit card, interac, or cash
· Communicate with housekeeping in order to assign the rooms to be cleaned.
· Respond properly and promptly in an emergency or safety situation. Be continually alert for the safety of all team members and guests.
· Cleanliness in the lobby area and at the Front Desk
· Consistently maintain a neat, organized, and clean workspace and uniform with name tag.
· Effectively communicate and report any vital guest service information with Guest Service team through the Guest Service log.
· Develop and maintain relationships with guests, patrons, clients group contacts and service providers to ensure superior personalized service.
· Have knowledge about room rates, packages, Loyalty Program and know how to handle each.
· Answer phones within 3 rings and according to the company standards of proper etiquette.
· Run reports and reconcile/complete them (i.e.: balance cash, room etc)
· Follow and adhere to safety and security compliance set by company.
· Attend all mandatory meetings as scheduled
· Execute additional duties or projects related to the overall operation and direction of the department as determined by management.
***Follow all Covid-19 procedures mandated by the company and Public Health Officials***
***Must speak French***
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $14.75 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To keep our Front Desk agents safe we have installed front desk plexiglass protection and we provide masks and gloves for all employees.
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)