At Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital and Alexandra Hospital Ingersoll we provide high quality, compassionate care to members of our community. We take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment. We promote excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety.
The Patient Registration Assistant registers, discharges, transfers, and schedules patient appointments in the electronic patient record. The Patient Registration Assistant also monitors alarms, operates the switchboard and other systems located in the Communications service area. The Patient Registration Assistant provides clerical support to other service areas of the hospital.
- Register all patient types (i.e. Emergency, Outpatient Clinic, Day Surgery and Inpatients) into the Central Patient Index and Admission, Discharge and Transfer System (CERNER).
- Schedule appointments (i.e. Operating Room, Outpatient clinics)
- Operative Hospital switchboard, monitoring the hospital codes and alarms.
- Provide clerical support for the following areas: surgical services, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, and health records.
- Promote and maintain the patient’s right to privacy at all times.
- Successful completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Medical Office Administration program or equivalent with Medical Terminology required.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Experience in an electronic registration and scheduling environment required.
- Experience in operating a hospital switchboard would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, team members and Physicians.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis and available for all shifts.
Applying to this Position
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a resume detailing education and experience to Human Resources.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer.
Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 2020-06-25
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $21.59 - $25.26 per hour
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- patient registration: 1 year (Required)
- hospital switchboard: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office Administration (Required)