Half Moon Lake resort is a family orientated Seasonal RV resort ½hr east of Edmonton. We are seeking to fill two positions of Maintenance/Grounds keeper for the 2019 Camping season. The position start date will be the beginning of April and run until mid October depending on weather.
The position of Maintenance / Grounds Keeper will consist of keeping lawns, trees, shrubs, flowerbeds and other landscaping elements with in the Half Moon Lake Resort. Workers will also tend to RV Lots, walkways and parking lots, as well as site-specific structures, painting buildings, maintaining seating areas, playground area, cultivating the beach and volleyball court and general maintenance on the fences, decks, sports fields, mini golf and all park buildings. The candidate shall have a positive and up beat attitude, great work ethic, willing to work in a team environment, and a willingness to help others when required in a fun family environment.
Grounds keeper / maintenance duties consist of
- Up keeping lawns, trees, shrubs, flowerbeds
- Cultivating park gardens
- All landscaping elements with in the Half Moon lake Resort.
- Tend to the seasonal needs of the park, such as branch or tree removal
- Maintain RV Lots, walkways and parking lots,
- Maintain site-specific structures, painting buildings, maintaining seating areas, and playground area,
- Maintain and cultivate the sand for the beach and volleyball court
- General maintenance on the fences, decks, sports fields, mini golf and all park buildings.
- Garbage pick up and disposal
- Assist park manager with water, electrical and sewer start up and maintenance concerns
- Assist Patrons with concerns or requirements
Maintenance / groundskeepers will use a variety of hand tools and powered equipment, such as Tractors, Bobcat, riding Mowers, lawnmowers, rakes, trimmers, chainsaws and back pack blowers. Workers may also apply chemicals, including fertilizers or pesticides. The work is physically taxing and requires being outdoors in all kinds of weather, sometimes to prevent or repair weather-related issues.
- Previously worked as a maintenance position, groundskeeper, or as a supervisor or specialist in some aspect of plant care or landscaping would be an asset.
- Experience with Lawn mowers, trimmers, back pack blowers, sprayers and general lawn maintenance equipment is an asset.
- Previous position as a maintenance or grounds keeper
Qualified candidates have field and safety experience, or a technical field experience through an internship or previous position. Eligible, applicants should have hands-on experience and be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
The position does not require specialized education, how ever persons with a Grade 12 Diploma, working towards a degree offered by technical, vocational and community colleges in horticulture, turf management, weed management or small equipment repair, all would be considered an asset.
The position offers a competitive wage, accommodations on site and a great working atmosphere. The employee should bring to the position a positive and up beat attitude, Willingness to work with the public, have good communication skills as well as enjoy working with others and an “I am here to help attitude”.
We thank you in advance for your application how ever only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Groundskeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)