We are currently looking for an energetic, organized, customer-focused, team and goal-oriented individual for a full-time position as a Production Operatorto support our production team in achieving production goals, improving processes, and assisting in all aspects of plant and warehouse operation. The selected candidate will be based in our head office in Oak Bluff, MB.NOTE: Oak Bluff is not accessible by public transportation, therefore a vehicle is required.
Title: Production Operator(Full-time).
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate must demonstrate ability, knowledge and experience relevant to the position and will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Bottling liquid fertilizer products,strapping and shrink wrapping pallets;
- Tipping jugs, filling IBC's, and assisting with production when required;
- Assisting in production administrative tasks and documentation as required;
- Solving problem and implementing solutions;
- Evaluating, designing and implementing plans to increase productivity and efficiency;
- Performing special projects and responsibilities as needed;
- Providing effective direction and coordination of all assigned operational activities;
- Contributing to the team-based environment encouraging open communication and providing input regarding production, safety and quality issues;
- Adhering to GMP’s and Health and Safety Procedures in place.
- Manufacturing and warehouse experience would be an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a department team while creating a positive work environment;
- A combination of related education and work experience will be considered;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates and teams;
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills with an ability to identify problems and find solutions;
- Be able to work long hours; weekend and off shift hours when and if required;
- Experience with production systems and processes;
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, ability to multi-task effectively, be proactive and self-directed while using effective delegation and follow-up skills;
- Opened-minded, receptive to change and willing to be a team player and support the goals and initiatives of management;
- Capability and willingness to continue to develop and broaden an extensive knowledge of relevant areas of expertise.
- Lift, and dump bags of to 50 pounds;
- Be able to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Be able to use a computer;
- Be able to use all equipment in both the plant and warehouse facilities;
- Be able to work in cold temperatures and warm or humid environments(clothing will be provided).
OMEX Agriculture Inc. provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
NOTE: Oak Bluff is not accessible by public transportation.
Deadline: Until the suitable candidate is identified.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type / Category
Liquid Fertilizer Manufacturer
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
High School Education, or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)