CoolIT Systems, Inc. is hiring a full time CNC machinist/programmer to produce machine components using CNC machines (3 axis HAAS VF-2 CNC and Decaluma DG-3585H Skiving). You will be responsible for programming, operating and implementing machine processes while maintaining company safety and quality expectations. Additionally, you are will be working with other types of metalworking machines and equipment such as lathe, bandsaw, drill press etc.
Reporting to the Lab Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual who takes ownership, is a team player, and wants to contribute to the future of scalable computer cooling solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Required experience: Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock and tooling inventory by performing regular checks; anticipating what will be needed; placing and expediting orders for stock and tooling; verifying receipt.
- Programs CNC mills and skiving by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Operate manual metal working tools including but not limited to lathe, drill, band saw etc.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Help at the other departments if needed (within the main building or at Innovation Lab, Calgary)
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs or requesting to purchase repair parts.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Strong desire to work in a fast-paced technology company
· Ability to prioritize based on the workload and project priorities
· Thrives in collaborative cross-functional environment
· Willing to work with small prototyping batches of parts
· Experience with HAAS Vertical Machining Centers is a strong plus
· Knowledge of CNC skiving machines would be considered as an asset but is not mandatory (training will be provided)
· Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
Strong work ethic and positive team attitudeCOMPANY BENEFITS (Full Time Permanent Employees):
· 3 Weeks’ Vacation
· Six Flex Days per Year
· Paid time off at Christmas
· Full Medical and Dental Coverage, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Program
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS, INC.
CoolIT Systems, headquartered in Calgary, is an industry-leading engineering company that has been dedicated to the invention and design of state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology since 2001. With over 60 patents and 2 million Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC™) units deployed in desktop computers, servers and data centers around the world, our vision is to become the global leader in energy efficient liquid cooling solutions. We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values. We’re a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? We would be pleased to review both your cover letter briefly telling us why you would be a great fit for this position and organization, and your resume detailing your related experience and education.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly advise that we will not be recruiting or taking calls/emails from Talent, Recruitment, Staffing, Placement firms.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Machinist: 1 year (preferred)