Policy and Innovation
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$89823.44 to $112279.30
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Research team in our Office of the SVP, Policy and Innovation sector. This sector helps accelerate housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your analytical and communication skills and your housing expertise to this research position will ensure we get great value. As a member of the Policy and Innovation team, you will plan, manage and conduct specific research, modelling, projection, and housing data and indicator development initiatives to achieve CMHC overall goals and 2030 aspiration.You will provide subject matter expertise to management and contribute to the development and deployment of national policies, strategies, programs, and standards designed to measure and improve housing and living conditions.
What you will need
- The ability to engage, influence, coach and mentor others to achieve higher performance and build greater capacity adding value at every step.
- A ‘’can do’’ mindset with the desire to work collaboratively to deliver results that have a positive impact on the team, business unit and corporation.
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate, related field and a minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of social, economic and political trends, factors and issues that affect the work area, including housing policies and issues and of the government policy development process.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, enabling the balancing of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines, with strong attention to detail.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
What you will be doing
- Scanning the environment, consulting with clients and stakeholders, participating in conferences and committees, and working groups to identify prospective research, modelling, projection, and housing data and indicator development projects and programs.
- Keeping up-to-date on housing research literature and publications to ensure that CMHC is well informed about current and emerging housing-related trends, issues, challenges and opportunities
- Developing and recommending high impact research, modelling, projection, and housing data and indicator development projects, developing business cases, and identifying budget requirements and partnership opportunities.
- Developing and leading detailed project objectives, scopes and deliverables; determining expertise and resources required to deliver the final products, as well as leading steering/advisory committees to guide and validate research efforts.
- Conducting research and analysis of primary and secondary data, using appropriate methodologies, quantitative and statistical analysis, to assess and address complex issues and challenges; analyzing and forecasting trends, developing housing data and indicators, and providing facts, evidence and conclusions to support internal and external decision-making.
- Providing substantive expert input to the review and development of housing policies, strategies, programs, regulations and standards.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
April 10, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID:
Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.