PLEASE NOTE: This is a volunteer opportunity
The box office attendants will be able to assigns seats and sells tickets using our automated ticket system. Processes cash, credit card, and check sales. Works on an on-call or casual basis as needed for specific events. Box office hours are Monday to Friday 1:00 - 5:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Waits on ticket office customers; assigns seats and sells event tickets.
- Answers telephone calls, provides information on events, assists patrons with information, and takes ticket orders.
- Processes cash, checks, and credit card payments through box office registers; balances registers and makes daily ticket sales reports as appropriate.
- Assists in creating and maintaining customer accounts, making ticket sales deposits, and entering data into a computerized ticket system.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret event seating charts
- Ability to take orders and impart information over the telephone.
- Ability to operate a computerized ticketing system.
- No previous experience required.
Job Types: Volunteer, Casual