Job Title: Production Scheduler
Division: Bailey Metal Processing Limited - Burlington
Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for developing and maintaining the master production schedule to ensure that actual production meets scheduled requirements. The position will report to the Plant Manager and will assist multiple departments with production planning and scheduling, perform data analysis, production order expediting and inventory reconciliations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Translate daily customer orders into production packages and schedule for all lines and shifts. This will involve several sequential operations factoring plant capacity, delivery requests, labour, equipment and normal forecasted customer demand cycles.
- Verify order accuracy before delivery to production.
- Contribute expertise to the Sales and Operations Planning Process, through regular meetings.
- Oversee production run data for accuracy including time and weight recording. Report deviations to applicable department.
- Communicate schedule, changes to schedule to all stakeholders of the production planning process to ensure timely and relevant information is provided to meet production plan.
- Monitor line productivity and job schedule throughout the day. Adjust production schedule and notify team of any deviations.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives through data gathering, implementation and generating ideas
- Assist with month end financial and KPI updates.
- Participate in scheduled quarterly and yearend inventory counts.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understand, support and adhere to the company’s health and safety polices, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Promote and participate in Continuous Improvement, such as Lean Manufacturing, Time Studies and 5S principles and objectives etc., in conjunction with Production Management and the Production Team.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong communications both speaking and writing in English.
- Proficient with ERP and Microsoft Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook, etc).
- Personal attributes include ethical, observant, and tenacious, quick learner, team player with initiatives and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Fast-pace manufacturing plant environment.
- Occasional overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Masks required to be worn on company premises. High touch surfaces are sanitized regularly. Daily Covid-19 screening questions and temperature checks conducted. Physical distancing and other Covid-19 protocols in place.