Redrock Camps has an opportunity for you to work in one of the Alberta’s fire camps providing delicious fresh cooked meals, baked goods and a clean, comfortable living space. If you have experience working in remote camps, a valid Food Safe certificate, Standard First Aid, and a desire to be part of a hard-working team we want to hear from you!
As a General Helper, you will:
- Be responsible for cleaning, stocking and maintaining kitchen and dining areas, including washing dishes
- Be responsible for maintaining clean bathrooms [toilets, sinks and showers], common areas, sleeping quarters, and any additional buildings on the fire base
To be successful, you need to:
- A valid Food Safe certificate
- Previous cleaning experience and kitchen support work preferably in remote camps
- Willing to be part of a team as well as able to work alone
- Take pride in your work
- Be organized and a multi-tasker
- Have high energy
- Be ready to travel with very little notice (within 24 – 48 hours)
- Able to work a variety of rotations including: 1-week relief shift up to a 21 & 7 rotation
Seasonal positions are for the duration of the fire season [from March until October 2019]. Exact end dates will be determined by our client’s needs and may be last minute due to the highly unpredictable nature of this work.
Seasonal employees will be considered for continuous camp positions at the end of the fire season.
To apply, please go to www.redrockcamps.com
Job Type: Full-time
- remote camp: 2 years (Required)
- Food Safe (Required)
- Standard First Aid (Preferred)