We are seeking 1 full time/2 part time positions for an optometric practice located in Toronto in the financial district on the PATH.
The ideal candidate is motivated and energetic who will play a crucial role in ensuring patient flow and the smooth operation of our eye care clinic. Prior experience in a medical setting will be helpful but ability to learn and work quickly with diligent attention to detail is more of an asset.
- Greet and welcome patients as they arrive at the clinic
- Maintain appointment schedule with reminders and confirmations
- Assist with patient registration and update medical records accurately
- Prepare patient charts
- Manage inventory of supplies and order new stock when necessary
- Schedule appointments and handle phone calls and email communication in a professional and courteous manner
- Dispense and order contact lenses
- Opening and closing the clinic
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Other general administrative duties as per clinic's needs
Pay scale will be based on prior experience and expertise and/or demonstration of ability to work hard, learn quickly and dedication and commitment to the job and its duties.
- Computer skills: Outlook, MS word, MS excel
- Fluency in English and strong communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a compassionate and patient-centred approach
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality of personal financial information
- Punctual reliable and dependable
- Administrative: 1 year helpful
- Optometry: 1 year helpful
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
If this job fits your strengths, we would love to hear from you. Please email us with your cover letter outlining why you would be suitable and attach your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5K 2A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person