Powerline Group Ltd. is a privately-owned utility contractor with a proud history established in 1990. We focus on three main operations, Electrical, Civil Construction, and Engineering & Design. Powerline Group Ltd. provides quality solutions to public utilities, municipalities, and developers, as well as to industrial, national and international manufacturing companies across the GTA.
Department: Fleet, Facilities & Outdoor Yard
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Toronto (Scarborough), ON, Canada
Job Type: Full-Time, Days
Start Date: Immediately
The Warehouse / Yard attendant at Powerline Group Ltd. plays a critical role in the productivity and efficiency of operations. The Warehouse / Yard attendant plays many critical roles including but not limited to; shipper/receiver, material handler, quality control, and general labourer.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a busy warehouse in the construction/utility environment
- Familiar with utility construction material
- Valid ‘G’ Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract; Class DZ or better considered an asset
- Ability to operate a Forklift, Forklift License and assett
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse conditions such as: heat exposure, cold temperatures, rain, snow, etc.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position: ability to lift 50 pounds or more, standing for extended periods, kneeling, squatting, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather all required equipment and materials as per site request (order picking) to ensure orders are filled in a timely and effective manner to improve productivity
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using material handling equipment (winches, forklifts, loaders, etc.)
- Perform material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
- Ensure all material is accounted for with a high degree of accuracy to ensure accurate inventory and reduce waste; recording shortages damages and deficiencies
- Ensure product is unloaded and stored properly under the direction of the Facilities and Yard Supervisor as well as the Procurement Manager
- Receive and accept deliveries to Warehouse / Yard and verify incoming goods against invoices and supporting documents
- Picking up and dropping off material to job sites
- Various laborious duties
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Accuracy of records
- Safety oriented
Powerline Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely appreciate all responses and thank you in advance for applying. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)
- G Drivers License (Required)
- Load and unload trucks
- Rotate floor stock
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Receive/process shipments