Mirmil Products is looking to hire a full-time Internal IT Support Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining all computer networks of all types and providing technical support. This candidate will monitor and maintain the company computer systems, installations and will configure hardware and software, and solve technical problems.
· Maintain and install software and hardware components and train employees on its use, whether it related to computers, printers, or other technology
· Provide the technical support to the company
· Set up new workstations (laptops, desktops, and tablets)
· Maintain the email system of the company – including adding/removing employee email accounts, and managing software licenses
· Source, recommend, and purchase new IT software and hardware related products for the company and its employees, in consultation with senior management
· Troubleshoot phone systems, printers, and desktops
· Troubleshoot hardware and software connectivity
· Support, configure, maintain, and upgrade networks and in-house servers
· Install and integrate new server hardware and third-party applications
· Ensure network connectivity, data backups, and disaster recovery protocols with an understanding of regulatory requirements
· Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
· Set up, maintain, audit user accounts, permissions, and passwords, while ensuring a system of records and documentation
· Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot Windows and Microsoft, as well as any other authorized desktop applications
· Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized equipment.
· Work on special projects as required
· 2+ years of prior work experience in IT or post-secondary education in Information Technology (or a similar degree)
· Ability to determine what is a server issue and follow proper troubleshooting techniques
· Self-motivated with the ability to work quickly and independently
· Ability to learn and implement new technologies
· Possesses strong oral and written communication skills; able to articulate ideas and listen effectively
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to move equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs) and the ability to kneel, bend, and sit frequently while working on equipment
· Strong attention to detail
*Salary will be based on experience. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply.
Job Type: Permanent
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)