Our Kids Count empowers individuals to build stronger families and inclusive communities by enhancing people’s lives through personal growth and development.
As part of the OKC team, working together with the Windsor Blucher Picton Community Action Group the Community Support Worker (CSW) will:
- provide opportunities for families in need of support to identify their needs and to develop strategies to respond to those needs within a community development model.
- promote the development of leadership and peer helper skills and provide the necessary support enabling peers to practise and carry out these new skills.
- be under the supervision of the Nutrition Manager but will be expected to work independently with clear guidelines defining their role.
OKC involves families in all aspects of program planning, implementation and evaluation.
The successful applicant must have a post- secondary certificate within the last three years and has not been employed full time in their field of study.
A more detailed job description is available at the main office or on our website www.ourkidscount.ca
This opportunity is
Proudly Supported by:
We would like to thank all those who apply for this position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your letter of application with two references to:
CLOSING DATE Friday March 22nd 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 623-0292 EXT. 227 Fax: 623-1530
Job Type: Contract
- related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)