JATEC has been connecting communities for 35 years. We have expertise in the installation of fibre optic telecommunications, underground utilities for residential development, street lighting, and highway sign infrastructure across Canada.
Our focus at JATEC is to our customers whose sole purpose is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers' market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
We are always looking for candidates who demonstrate a high proficiency in maintenance and repair of all major network system components with minimal or no supervision and assists others in resolving complex and/or chronic problems. Also, we require individuals that demonstrate high proficiency in resolving most problems at Cell Sites and their associated components. The opportunity enables you to train others and give technical assistance when called upon, and may assume a 24 hour, on-call duty when assigned. Must maintain an acceptable driving record. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Join JATEC as a Wireless Communication Technician and build your career today with an established and growing company. At this time we are currently seeking to fill a number of positions for an immediate need for long term employment. This opportunity will allow for growth and development in the Communication Industry.
- Industry competitive hourly wages
- Overtime opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED but not limited to the following:
- Background in wireless, cellular and Microwave fundamentals.
- Experience working with AC & DC Power systems and rectifiers.
- Experience in OTDR testing, cleaning and installing fiber optic cabling.
- Uses sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, wiring, repairing, maintaining and testing wireless, transmission, and associated equipment.
- Installation, connecting and testing of CAT5/CAT6, LMR and other coaxial cable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Performs required incidental and preventative maintenance on cell site, power equipment, transmission, and associated equipment, and completes necessary logs, reports and postings.
- Operates laptop computer, or similar devices, to access required systems and equipment. Must have knowledge of Microsoft programs and Adobe Acrobat.
- Installing, operating circuit and microwave test equipment and record results.
- Preparing and submitting installation reports.
- Installation of wireless equipment, racks, batteries and other associated equipment.
- Coordinates clearing of trouble with other groups and organizations, and works with other employees and/or customers in the maintenance and installation of wireless service.
- Moves and/or lifts material weighing up to a maximum of 60 pounds. Must be able to drive long distances safely to complete job assignments.
- Works independently, with minimal, or no supervision.
- Provides instruction, assistance, and guidance to other technicians, and work groups as required.
- Perform Network surveillance and emergency response as necessary. May be required to be available for after-hours projects, On-Call duty, and overtime.
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Drives Company vehicle. Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record check.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in tight or uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks from time-to-time.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand and power tools.
- May require a security check.
- May be required to be away from home location for extended periods of time.
- Reliable transportation to designated start of day work locations.
- Class 5 Drivers Licence.
Training will be provided:
- On-the-job training.
- Computer Based Training.
- Classroom training. May be away from home location.
* Willing to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr@ jatec.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- Wireless Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Edmonton (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)