The main functions include:
transport and handling of sterile supplies; transport of patients; housekeeping duties; decontamination of O.R. suites including anesthetic gas machines; washing and re-stocking of supplies; handling of soiled carts and supplies, transport of specimens, blood and equipment; complete OR room set up; positioning of patients; and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Operating Room Attendant Course required.
- Completion of a CSAO and/or Steris Program would be an asset
- 6 months to 1 year recent experience withsterilization procedures
- Applicants must have working knowledge of cleaning processes and sterilization methods.
- Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must possess good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Applicants must be totally capable of performing all related duties (frequent standing, walking, lifting, maneuvering heavy loaded stretchers in close quarters, operation of specialized equipment).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability to accept responsibilities, work with minimal supervision, show initiative, maintain good interpersonal relationships and be able to communicate effectively.
- Excellent work performance and attendance record are essential.
- Proficient with Outlook and basic typing skills.
HOURS OF WORK
Rotating shifts - days, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays and stand-by
(Plus 14% in lieu of benefits)