Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated in delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
An Infrastructure Engineering Specialist is a technical system engineer that is accountable for data center infrastructure builds, installation & configuration. The Infrastructure Engineer Specialist is also responsible for planning, gathering and translating technical requirements into infrastructure solution designs in alignment with business needs.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Extensive experience with developing strategies to provide highly reliable data center operations facilities leveraging data replication, server clustering, load balancing technologies.
- Experience with developing three and five year plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives.
- Experience in managing a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones
Minimum of five years of experience with the following technologies:
Data Centre Technologies:
Microsoft AD, DNS, IIS and Windows Server, RedHat Linux Server, Data protection & replication solutions (CommVault), Enterprise storage (e.g. Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, Nimble, etc.), Hyper Converged Infrastructure (e.g. Nutanix, Dell vXRail), Virtualization (e.g. VMware, Microsoft) & Cloud (Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc.), Disaster Recovery (DR) designs & concepts
Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices - Routers, Communication Gateways, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Firewalls.
Familiar with Cisco switching, Dell PowerEdge servers, F5 load balancers.
- Candidate should understand global information technology service models.
- Strong ability to perform and understand financial modelling.
- Experience working with a Global Service Provider
- Understands Service Provider governance models
- Strong knowledge of common IT organizational functions, inter-relations and dependencies
- Excellent communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent capability to manage deliverables, influence, make recommendations, facilitate decisions, lead technical staff and organize work as it relates to the management level within Teachers’.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capability demonstrated at technical professional and customer/stakeholder levels
- Excellent in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing and organizational change disciplines
- A minimum of 10 years in IT
- Five or more years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructures running various Cloud, Compute, Network & Storage ecosystems
- Experience in procurement or other sourcing experience
- Demonstrated capability to perform financial and performance analysis
- Project management capability
For an immediate consideration, please apply today to this posting by submitting your Resume along with your Availability Date and Expected Salary.
We thank all applicants for your interest and referral. However, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on our company, please visit: www.dawninfotek.com
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
- IT: 10 years (Preferred)
- Enterprise Infrastructures: 5 years (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- TOGAF certificate (Preferred)
- ITIL Foundations certificate (Preferred)