Hours of Work: Position #5 Shifts (20 Hours per week)
- Monday -Friday 11am to 4 pm
Reporting to the executive director, the Intake Worker/ Admin assistant will provide remote assessment, intake, and support as well as liaison with existing supports and assistance with goal setting and planning, to clients of this program.
Who we are:
Just For Today is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the east end, Scarborough Bluffs area. We provide services for individuals living with anger management, mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking "Apply Now".
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 693-5877.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- As part of a team, be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the agency.
- Maintain strong inter-agency relationships.
- Complete client intakes. Establish empathetic rapport with clients.
- Ensure adherence to the agency’s mission, vision, policies and practices.
- Support client’s efforts to attain their goals through advocacy, research, and appropriate referrals.
- Participate in on-going team building, ensuring peer accountability, strong communications and support.
- Use intervention and mediation skills to defuse potential conflicts.
- Perform light housekeeping and maintenance tasks to ensure a clean work environment.
- Community Worker or Social Services Worker Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience providing support to marginalized communities: ie, mental health, addictions, incarcerated.
- Valid certificates in Case Management, Anti-racism/Anti-oppression, Documentation (Note Taking) Skills, Crisis Management and prevention skills.
- Understanding and appreciation for issues of inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of anti-racism, anti-sexism and to
- challenging other forms of oppression.
- Demonstrated experience working within a diverse ethno-racial, multi-lingual, adult
- Strong written and verbal English language skills; fluency in other languages will be
- Effective communication skills; computer literacy.
- Ability to take responsibility for and work through difficult personal reactions.
- Ability to handle emergencies, conflict resolution and harm reduction skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork approach.
Just For Today is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring environment. Just For Today is a Safe Space that embraces diversity, whether it be disability, age, ethnicity, colour, religion, language, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation origin and all other differences that makes everyone unique.
Reference ID: 02012021
Contract length: 2 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 2021-01-15
Expected start date: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday