We're now at the boldest phase of our Next Horizon journey
At Gore Mutual, we've completely transformed our business in under three years. By investing in top talent and leading technology, we've redefined what it means to be a modern mutual that does good.
Our path forward brings a sharper focus on our business' performance that's powered by innovation and an agile, high-performing culture – we're built for success.
We're well on our way to becoming a purpose-driven, digitally led national insurer. Come join us.
Claims Manager, Accident Benefits
Gore Mutual is looking for a Claims Manager, Accident Benefits to join our claims leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the Accident Benefits team ensuring we are delivering effective cost control, high levels of customer & broker service, employee engagement, succession planning & reserve adequacy.
What will you do?
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accident Benefits team to achieve essential business goals
- Provide guidance and direction within areas of expertise concerning issues such as file handling, policy interpretation, legal and technical issues.
- Ensure team performance standards through adherence to the technical file review and auditing process
- Continually assess and improve workflows to ensure efficiency. This includes responding to and partnering with internal and external contacts regarding issues affecting them and ensuring smooth relationships between the group and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with your director and performance manager to develop strategies, long-term and short-term plans to facilitate ongoing work, process improvement, customer relations, and other functions
- Monitor financial performance and productivity and report observations, progress, and provide recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and mentoring, performance management, continuous learning, and career development for claims professionals.
- Maintaining regular check ins with your leader and team.
- Provide superior customer service by building and maintaining excellent business relationships with our key stakeholders including our Insureds, Brokers, business partners
- Oversee recruitment/talent requirements and business needs
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 10 years of claims leadership experience required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of disability Accident Benefits claims handling
- Prior handling of CAT AB claims is required
- University or College degree or equivalent experience is required
- CIP/FCIP/CRM required or in progress
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
***In this role, once a month, this person, as part of the Claims Accident Benefits team would be in person at our Toronto office, which is located at 320 Bay Street.
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.