WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Controller
Speigel Nichols Fox LLP is a Mississauga-based boutique commercial litigation law firm that has been in business since 1976.
We are looking for a competent, trust-worthy, detail-oriented controller to join our team for the equivalent of one day per week.
We promote a positive workplace culture. Twice a year, we close the office down to host a "Fun Day" with emphasis on outdoor activities. Our goal is to get to know our staff on a personal level outside of the work environment. We are proud to have been awarded the Mississauga Board of Trade's 2015 Business Awards of Excellence - Employer of the Year and are delighted to have former Mayor Hazel McCallion as a business ambassador to our firm.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- be proficient in Excel, PC Law, Sage accounting software, and payroll processing software
- be a self-starter, an independent worker, and a team player
- possess a sense of humour while at all times remaining reliable, professional, and resourceful
- provide support to two senior partners
- Payroll & management company – 2 discrete systems, each with its own software
- CRA – source deductions analyses and payments
- Month-end – account analyses and financial statement reviews
- HST – quarterly analyses and return preparation
- EHT – monthly analyses and return preparation
- Service suppliers (e.g. Equifax/MTO/ARIS/Teranet – maintaining SNF accounts, including staff adds and deletes
- Microsoft Excel – preparing and maintaining spreadsheets, mostly for payroll and SNF and management company transfers
- Year-end –analyses and financial statement reviews - partnership return and T5013s
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION, please forward your resume with references and salary expectation to us at the email set out in this job posting. We will only contact candidates who are selected for interviews. For more information on our firm, please visit our website at www.ontlaw.com
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
To keep our staff safe, we provide staff with hand sanitizers, masks, and plexi glass shields when needed. We also have strict protocols in place (i.e. cleanliness, physical distancing, and wearing masks when outside of your immediate work area).
- Temporarily due to COVID-19