Reporting to the Rental Operations Manager, you will demonstrate your mechanical and/or electrical skills in maintaining and repairing customer generator systems to ensure reliable and trouble-free operations. This entails responsibility for the complete servicing, proper use, clean-up and promoting of all equipment owned by, contracted to, or handled by GAL Power Systems. With your focus on providing the highest quality of customer service, you will play a key role in enhancing our corporate image and reputation – and, ultimately, in promoting business growth. It goes without saying that, as a Rental Technician, you will be expected to abide by the Company’s health and safety policy and manual in carrying out all of your job activities. You must be readily available for scheduled on-call service duty to respond to customer emergencies.
- Troubleshoot generators and related equipment and problem-solve in response to issues and/or defects
- Load/offload, deliver/pick up, install and remove equipment to project sites
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues, and customers, to ensure efficiency and contribute to company growth
- Contribute to a safe, clean and cost-effective workplace by ensuring housekeeping items are completed
- Experience exceeding 5 years in related field
- A Journeyman license in one of the following fields considered an asset: heavy equipment, automotive, electrical or millwright
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Availability and flexibility in regard to shift work, i.e. on-call rotation, evenings, weekends, etc.
- Adaptability and ability to work well under pressure
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license for the province of employment and be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract
AS PART OF THE GAL POWER TEAM, YOU WILL ENJOY
- A great work environment and competitive compensation package
- An hourly matrix with overtime and double time
- Company-provided vehicle and gas card
- Employee Recognition Program
- Paid time off! Additional week of vacation for every 5 years of service
- Group insurance flex plan where employees can select their preferred coverage level
- Standard level of health and dental coverage is paid for by GAL Power
We thank all applicants for their interest in GAL Power, but only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)