Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Engineering; Operations; Trades/Technical
This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Integration Readiness Manager reports to the Manager of Project Operations Integration and Commissioning team. In this position you will bring leadership and process guidance and have relevant experiences from one of the following disciplines: engineering, technology, operations or project management. As the Integration Readiness Manager, you will be responsible for the application and transfer of Operations and Engineering expertise to support the development, integration or acquisition of new assets and integrate them into TC Energy’s Canada Gas Organization specifically focusing on the implementation of the Canada Gas Integration Readiness Program.
- This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screen including drug and alcohol testing
What you’ll do
- Lead ops integration and readiness efforts for new constructed or acquired assets into the Canada Gas business organization
- Provide leadership to implement and continuously improve the Integration Readiness Program for new greenfield and brownfield assets
- Provide critical input to turnover activities which include PTOS, project turnover officer signoff process for all gas asset types
- Provide integration readiness support for Canada Gas A level projects as required
- Provide support to commissioning teams of new facility builds B/C/D projects
- Support and contribute to the lessons learned process for newly constructed Canada Gas facilities
- Support BD and Major Projects on development of new assets by facilitating and coordinating operations readiness requirements with impacted stakeholders Lead Interface management requirements to ensure alignment with Engineering, Field Operations and Project stakeholders
- Support and manage the Integration Readiness schedule for implementation of readiness within the assigned projects
- Support and manage the budget for Integration Readiness and submit information as required to the Project Manager
- Work with internal and external customers and other stakeholders to ensure that expectations are identified, aligned, and met
- Contribute to a sharing and learning safety culture
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation from APEGA or equivalent provincial regulator, or Professional Technologist (P.Tech) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) designation with an appropriate scope of practice with ASET
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Willingness to travel as needed to roll out process to remote stakeholders
- Experience in a lead/ technical position related to gas assets
- Journeyman in related discipline with technical/engineering experience
- Experience in projects Hazop, Design Reviews of compressor stations
- Project management experience is an asset
- Exposure as an SME in field operations and related systems and practices
- Considerable experience with gas pipeline and facility operations
- Knowledge of project development processes and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Able to work and contribute in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Strong leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, and consensus building
- An understanding of budgeting and project accounting/financials
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 01/28/2021 using reference code 78965. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.