Total Equipment Services Inc., requires a Mechanical Technician for our field contracts. The Mechanical Technician performs diagnostics, repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned mining equipment. This position will be given direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and procedures used in the diagnosis, overhaul, repair and adjustments of components and systems for vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Travel to customer locations to perform the installation or repair of underground mining vehicles, and equipment. This includes visits to underground locations which might be located in different provinces within Canada.
- Knowledge of safety rules and precautions related to the use of tools, vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment
- Licensed Mechanical Technician (Truck & Coach, Automotive, Heavy Duty Diesel)
- Fifth year apprentice will be considered
- Underground experience an asset
- A valid driver’s license
***Competitive wages and pension are offered***
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Licenced Mechanic (Required)